Sunday, July 02, 2006

Almost there :D

It's been a great weekend so far. Finally soccer on the T.V. again :D I've really missed it, I was really bored and didn't know what to do :P The Germans are through to the last 4, by penalty's, I think penalty's have a high luck factor. Argentina believes that they've lost the game cause Maradonna wasn't in the stadium, but I think they've lost cause they didn't score another goal :P
Fortunately Italy is also through to the last 4, they've won from the Ukraine with a convincing 3-0 :D So Italy against Germany, of course Italy will win :P Oh come on Germany isn't that good. Besides Italy has already won with 4-1, but now Italy also has something else to motivate them into winning. They want to get rid of all the criticism that the bribe scandal, but more important they want to win for Pessotto. Fortunately the verdict of the scandal is due to after the world cup, so that will give most players some relief until then. It would be a shame if Juve has to come out in the serie B next year, cause a lot of players will leave :(
The other 2 games: England goes home, Rooney gets red, yeah the Portuguese can be quite frustrating, the dutch know all about that :D And France defeated the "great" Brazil", not that they played very well this WC but that counts for both. Well at least we can still enjoy Zizou for 2 more games :D In fact all the 4 countries that are left.

Back to the game of Italy. I really liked the fact that they've scored so early in the game. Then they could play their own game and make more goals :D But the part I liked most was after the game, everybody was cheering and Cannavaro shows up with a really nice banner

So Pessotto was on their minds after all. Fortunately he came out of his coma yesterday :D I love good news like that :D
So now we only have to win from the Germans and we'll be in the final. I'm still don't know who I rather face in the final, France or Portugal. I really hope Nesta is able to play against Germany this Tuesday, well at least Materazzi can play again. I guess i'll just have to wait until Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home